Telephone service is considered a necessity for daily modern life, yet the cost of activating and maintaining such service may be prohibitively expensive for low-income consumers. Under Congressional mandate, the Federal Communication Commission’s (FCC) Federal Universal Service Fund includes the Low-Income Program discounts on telephone services to qualifying consumers. Our Cooperative participates in this telephone discount program.
Applying for Benefits
Applicants need to certify their eligibility to receive the program’s benefits by proving participation in any of the following programs:
• Wisconsin Works – (W2)
• Food Stamps/SNAP
• Medical Assistance (MA), Medicaid
• Badger Care
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP)
• Wisconsin Homestead Tax Credit (Schedule H)
• National School Lunch Program (Free Lunch Program)
• Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
• Income at or below 135% of Federal Poverty Level
Applicants simply complete an Information Release Authorization Form which is available in the business office. We then verify all applications with the necessary government office: Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services, Department of Workforce Development and the Department of Revenue. Once verified, we will provide a single telephone line service (one per household) to the customer at the program’s monthly discounted rate.
Visit the USAC Lifeline Link Website →Click Here←